In the bottom left margin, it states that we are supposed to be in a glacial age but our temps continue to rise.
And Stripes, that site also tells why the Bering Strait would become a land bridge again if temps did warm.
Printable View
In the bottom left margin, it states that we are supposed to be in a glacial age but our temps continue to rise.
And Stripes, that site also tells why the Bering Strait would become a land bridge again if temps did warm.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the bottom left margin, it states that we are supposed to be in a glacial age but our temps continue to rise.</div></div>
it says "ice ages" OR "WARMER - intergalacial ages"
which is what we are in right now
Even if it is supposed to be warmer than an Ice Age....exactly how warm do you think that should be. To me, coming or going from an Ice Age it's still supposed to be cooler than it is...not warming up faster than ever. Every 400 years, we are supposed to get a few decades of cooler than normal weather (which is where we are supposed to be now). The last one was the winters that affected the settlements at Jamestown and Plymouth. Last time I checked, that was roughly 400 years ago.
we had that period of cooler temps for about 30 years.......it ended about 30 years ago
that would be slightly less than 400 years......but you are still in the ballpark
We had nothing compared to what we were supposed to have. I can remember annual snows that actually left 3-4 feet of snow on the ground around here. We haven't seen that in well over a decade. And still, our temps are nowhere near the ballpark they should be in.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We had nothing compared to what we were supposed to have. I can remember annual snows that actually left 3-4 feet of snow on the ground around here. We haven't seen that in well over a decade. And still, our temps are nowhere near the ballpark they should be in. </div></div>
again its all part of the cycle
right now we are in the upward side of that cycle......where things will soon change and trend downward once again
The Austrailians have already found a way to bury CO2 emissions. I think their logic is that is isn't released into the atmosphere so it shouldn't hamper the ozone as much.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Austrailians have already found a way to bury CO2 emissions. I think their logic is that is isn't released into the atmosphere so it shouldn't hamper the ozone as much. </div></div>
meanwhile al gore is out promoting for schwinn and huffy
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlueWahooChambor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, anyways, here's the answer to your previous question.
http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence...teractive.html
Go to the pull down where it says "Sources" and click "spin, turn, and wobble"..unless you think Gore is also responsible for how the earth rotates. </div></div>
thank you......somebody who can provide something somewhat sensible.......no with that in mind......isnt it possible that this "global warming" could simply be one step along the way to the peak of what ended the last ice age......on our way back to the next ice age?
certainly seems plausible to me
it seems to me that as most with brains have said......this is just another step in a long cycle......im guessing thats the truth </div></div>
I'm just gonna throw this out...you keep harping on "what happened 10,000 years ago?" If it happens again, it might be the end of the human race, again? Some Southwestern Tribes believe this is the 4th world. I really don't want to wait and see if you are correct in 10000 years. I still think some steps will have to be taken to keep from killing the planet we live on, or it will have to come to a point where it dies and starts life anew.
The cycle doesn't last 15-20 years historically....we should still be cold. I know I'm not gonna change your mind no more than you are going to change mine...so we'll just have to believe whatever we individually choose to. But, for the most of my life (I'm 35), I've been taught (and supplied with evidence) that our climate is warming when it should be just the opposite. When Gore came out with his presentations and rhetoric, he didn't tell me anything that I hadn't already been taught. Guess that's why I see the evidence as a support when you do not. If it's newer to you, maybe that is why you don't believe in it as much as I do. But we are entitled to our opinions.